What does the world learn by watching us Christians on earth? No one ever said following Jesus was going to be easy or safe. In fact, Jesus promised it WON’T be, so how come we distance ourselves from getting uncomfortable, from getting our hands dirty, from taking risks for God’s kingdom? How come we try to make it safe when it’s not suppose to be?
Here’s a quote I like: “All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.” Christianity should be anything but boring. When we lose lost people to a world of materialism, drugs, and violence, it’s because we don’t dare them enough. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of sitting still. I’m tired of going through the motions because “that’s what we’re suppose to do.” We need to get out of our comfortable surroundings and make a difference! It may be a small act, but when lots of people do lots of small acts, it adds up. Who CARES about careers anymore? Our ONLY concern should be what kind of servants we are.
I follow a God who is not safe, but He is good. People have been taken captive, thrown in jail, suffer humiliation, have died for this God. We need to stop living in our safe little bubble and go out there and love people. There are lots of options in the world that will not get your hands dirty, but what kind of life is that? Jesus lived among the poor, the outcasts, the lowly, the “dirty.” Anyone can applaud Jesus’ work, even non believers. It’s time to make a radical change in our lives! It’s time to go out there and LIVE the gospel!
Revelations says we must be either hot or cold, because if we are lukewarm, we will be spit out of God’s mouth. (3:16).
“Christians should be troublemakers, creators of uncertainty, agents of a dimension incompatible with society.” –Jacques Ellul
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I guess I need to mail you a large cardboard box to live in. :) You go and follow where ever He leads. I love you.
ReplyDeleteWell, the first post had a typo in it so I deleted it, but I didn't know it would still show up here. I couldn't bear the idea of leaving 2 comments, so here is a third. :)
ReplyDelete