The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
For He will hide me in His shelter in the day of trouble; He will conceal me under the cover of His tent' He will lift me high upon a rock.
These are excerpts from Psalm 27. These past few weeks I've read this psalm and others like it, clinging onto God, because He is truly my stronghold. Before this trip I would read the psalms and understand them, but now I can say I can relate to them. I wanted to share this because I've felt hopeless and scared, worried about what's to come and how on earth I am suppose to move forward when it seems thousands of obstacles are in the way.
I can say with complete honesty that God is my one true comfort. I was thinking the other day, when I was getting homesick and freaking out quite a bit about how to tackle this job, that I can't rely on my strengths. When I was considering coming up to the bush I was excited and confident, ready to jump at the opportunity and show the world that I am capable of surviving the harsh conditions and circumstances with the community and the people. But I know now that every thread of confidence I possess comes from God. He really is holding me together, holding my hand and allowing me to carry on humbly, continuing to shine for Christ - He has rid me of myself and I stand in awe of His power. Who am I, really, that He would allow me to take on this "adventure?" I have nothing good apart from Him, and all I am, all I have, my complete purpose I place in His hands.
I've felt lonely, lost, confused and completely clueless as to how I'm going to make it through this year. I'm here, first and foremost, to be a light for Christ. So everything I do, every thought I have, every step I take MUST glorify God. This teaching business is more complicated than I thought, and right now, after a week of school, I'm still trying to get my head above the water. But everyday God allows me to wake up, go to school, and be His servant. Not just me, but all Christians - no matter where we're at, what we do, no matter what you think, you're a witness for Christ. It's up to us to decide what kind of witness we'll be. So it is a struggle, I know.
I feel overwhelmed and wonder what I've gotten myself into, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to carry my cross, to follow in Christ's path, and to bring a light to a dark place.
Sometimes we have to be completely broken to be built up in Christ, and I'm thankful God has allowed me to experience His amazing grace.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine. let it shine.
ReplyDeleteyou are a bright light in a dark world. May God's grace continue to abound in you.
What a wonderful person you are. I have been so blessed to have you for a daughter and a best friend. I love you.
ReplyDeleteHello Kim, I am Mary, a friend of your Aunt Neva,your Mom and Dad:)I am Praying for you. My daughter Brandy teaches first grade at Arp. Her first year was so hard for her. Some very bad conduct at such early age. We told her if she helped or changed just one childs life she was where God wanted her to be. Well, this is her fourth year. Every day is a new challenge.She started back today. Just think one day at a time and let God handle the rest:)I know it is hard on your Mom and Dad also. Sending a Big Texas Hug and Prayers for each new day. Love, Mary:)
ReplyDelete